Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Guy Rouillier <gu...@masergy.com> on 2004/02/04 00:58:18 UTC

RE: mod_jk problem

Lukas Larsson wrote:
> I already put the Include statement in httpd.conf, and then
> put JkMount in mod_jk.conf. But it still doesn't work. Is
> there anything I have to do in server.xml to make it work.
> I've added two lines <Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN"
> debug="0"> #this line is above <Listener
> className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
> modJk="/opt/apache/modules/mod_jk.so" /> #this line I added
>
> and
> <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
> unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"> #this line is above
> <Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
> append="true" forwardAll="false"
> modJk="/opt/apache/modules/mod_jk.so" /> #the line i added
>
> and that's all the configurations I did id you include adding
> the include statement in httpd.conf. Is there anything else I
> have to do? There should be as I still can't get tomcat to
> format jsp files.

Lukas, got busy, didn't mean to leave you in the lurch.  Where do you
stand?  I deleted the rest of the message because this is getting much
too involved - it shouldn't be that hard.  I didn't have to add any kind
of listener statements to server.xml.  All I did there was (1) make sure
the port assignments are unique (only a concern if you are using more
than one instance) and (2) set up a context properly.  I would suggest
you start with a completely fresh Tomcat.  Put your test.jsp into the
existing contexts and verify that works.  (I think you said you already
did that.)  Please respond if you are still having difficulties with
this, and I'll tell you the very basic setup I used to get started.