Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/07 19:05:12 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.23.0

I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.23.0 release.

As part of this release I would like to highlight the addition of
Jakarta 10 to the supported APIs.

The release notes can be found here:
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/release-notes-2.23.0

The git commit report:
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.23.0

Source and binary distributions can be found here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.23.0

The Maven repository is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-<repoID>

In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html

The source tag:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.23.0

or the equivalent tag on github:
https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/releases/tag/2.23.0

I will update the website after the vote has passed.

[ ] +1 approve this release
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here is my +1 Binding Vote

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.23.0

Posted by Domenico Francesco Bruscino <br...@gmail.com>.
+1 non binding

* Checked parent version in pom.xml files using `grep -LPrz --include
pom.xml "<parent>(.|\n)*<version>2.23.0<\/version>(.|\n)*<\/parent>" ./`
* Ran binary broker instance on Fedora 32 using OpenJDK 11
* Checked the web console using `Google Chrome`
* Checked producing, browsing and consuming messages from a queue using
`artemis check queue --name TEST --produce 1000 --browse 1000 --consume
1000`

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi

Agree to close this vote and prepare a New one soon.

Regards
JB

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Ordinarily I try to avoid respinning, I just treat most things as
reason to do another release sooner, unless they are clear regressions
likely to raise concern (founded or otherwise). I probably would have
just respun in this case, as the new vote could have also closed out
today if it had been.

If you think there isnt a real impact other than the stacktracing,
then I guess a timely 2.23.1 is reasonable enough.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.23.0

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Emmanuel Hugonnet <eh...@redhat.com>.
+1 non binding
Passed wildfly basic testsuite

Posted by Havret <ha...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

I've run the tests against ArtemisNetClient[1]. It's all green.

To make the testing easier, I've created a docker image[2] with the release
candidate binaries. Feel free to use it to run your tests.

Cheers,
Krzysztof

[1] https://github.com/Havret/dotnet-activemq-artemis-client/pull/349
[2] docker pull havret/dotnet-activemq-artemis-client-test-broker:2.23.0-rc1

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 6/7/22 15:05, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.23.0 release.
>
> As part of this release I would like to highlight the addition of
> Jakarta 10 to the supported APIs.
>

> The release notes can be found here:
> https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/release-notes-2.23.0
>
> The git commit report:
> https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.23.0
>

> Source and binary distributions can be found here:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.23.0
>
> The Maven repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-<repoID>
>

> In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
> https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html
>

> The source tag:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.23.0
>
> or the equivalent tag on github:
> https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/releases/tag/2.23.0
>

> I will update the website after the vote has passed.
>

> [ ] +1 approve this release
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>

> Here is my +1 Binding Vote
> .
+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Verified license and notice files in archives
* Checked source license headers using 'mvn apache-rat:check'
* Ran the broker using the binary archive and executed qpid-protonj2 and
qpid-proton-dotnet examples against it
* Built from source archive and ran the AMQP test suite

--
Tim Bish

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.23.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Vote passes with 10 Votes (8 Bindings, 2 non Bindings)

Binding:
Clebert Suconic
Timothy Bish
Jean-Baptiste Onofre
Christopher Shannon
Havret
Gary Tully
Robbie Gemmel
Francisco Nigro

Non binding:
Emmanuel Hugonnet
Domenico Francesco Bruscino

I will finish updating the website and send the announcement when
everything is ready.

Thanks you all!

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.23.0

Posted by Francesco Nigro <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1