Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org> on 2014/08/09 09:36:07 UTC

jclouds master branch now requires Java 7

jclouds master branch now requires Java 7, which we expect to release as
2.0.  We upgraded to narrow the compatibility matrix which we support
and to allow use of new language and library features, including
try-with-resources, NIO.2, and HTTP client improvements.  We previously
discussed this upgrade on the user mailing list:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jclouds-user/201405.mbox/%3C20140528185718.GC1036@sherlock%3E

Note that 1.8.x branch still supports Java 6 and backports must retain
this compatibility.  Please report any issues with this upgrade at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-652

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/