Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Layman <ra...@aswethink.com> on 2002/02/28 15:16:41 UTC

RE: Scope / Instantiation of JSP pages / declarations

see intermixed....

Yes it would.

> Do you know
> - if and why the current behaviour of tomcat is intended?
Yes - it keeps memory consumption down (instead of having thousands of
instances of the JSP class for thousands or requests, you have only one)
> - where I can search for more info?
The JSP Spec and Servlet Spec would probably be good resources
> - if there is an option that tells Tomcat to create a new
> instance of JSP
> pages every time they are called
I don't believe so

> P.S: Allaire JRUN seems to behave different ....
If so then it doesn't comply with the JSP spec.

	One thing to remember is that only variables declared in the <%! ...
%> blocks and page scoped beans are shared between requests.  If you want
variables that are used only in the scope of one request then either use <%
... %> blocks or set your bean scope to request.

	Randy