Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Paresh <kh...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/08 12:42:42 UTC

JOIN query

Hi,

I have two collections: collection1 and collection2
I have fields like -
colleciton1: id, prop1, prop2, prop3
collection2: id, col1, col2, col3

I am doing a join query with collection1.prop1 = collection2.col1 on
collection2.

As a result, I can get any field from collection2 in 'fl'.

Is there any way to get field from collection1 while performing query from
collection2 joining with collection1?

Regards,
Paresh

--
Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html

Re: JOIN query

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.
Hi, Paresh.

I'm afraid the only way is to join them back in post processing
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/transforming-result-documents.html#TransformingResultDocuments-_subquery_
Although, I'm not sure it will ever work with particular collections.

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 3:42 PM Paresh <kh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have two collections: collection1 and collection2
> I have fields like -
> colleciton1: id, prop1, prop2, prop3
> collection2: id, col1, col2, col3
>
> I am doing a join query with collection1.prop1 = collection2.col1 on
> collection2.
>
> As a result, I can get any field from collection2 in 'fl'.
>
> Is there any way to get field from collection1 while performing query from
> collection2 joining with collection1?
>

> Regards,
> Paresh
>

> --