Posted to ivy-dev@incubator.apache.org by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/23 16:13:25 UTC

IvyDE

Hi All,

With the migration of Ivy to apache, I also would like to migrate IvyDE to
an open source hosting solution like sourceforge.

The problem I have is that we currently use JIRA for issue tracking, and the
migration to SF issue tracking system will be painful.
Do you guys have an idea if it is possible to host IvyDE jira issues
somewhere. I've heard of codehaus, but it seems they prefer people who
already know a hausmate.

Any idea?

Xavier

Re: IvyDE

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On 11/23/06, Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> wrote:

> Xavier Hanin wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > With the migration of Ivy to apache, I also would like to migrate IvyDE
> > an open source hosting solution like sourceforge.
> >
> > The problem I have is that we currently use JIRA for issue tracking, and
> > the
> > migration to SF issue tracking system will be painful.
>
> yes, we have a private jira host for sourceforge work (using the free
> OSS license) rather than use bugzilla.
>

> > Do you guys have an idea if it is possible to host IvyDE jira issues
> > somewhere. I've heard of codehaus, but it seems they prefer people who
> > already know a hausmate.
> >

> First question: why keep it separate from the rest of the code. Licensing?

No, it's not for licensing questions, but more because it can evolve with a
different cycle, to evolve with eclipse versions for instance. So I think
it's important to be able to release Ivy and IvyDE separately. But that's
the only reason I see.

Xavier

Re: IvyDE

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.