Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Vladimir Kovalyuk <ko...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/26 16:53:50 UTC

DefaultDataTable: How to add a DDChoice to change rows per page

I would like to add some component, say DropDownChoice, to allow user to
change default rows per page setting for data table.

I've investigated two ways: 1) extend NavigationToolbar or PagingNavigator
2) extends NavigationToolbar to add extra panel right to PagingNavigator

Althought it is possible to completely override PagingNavigator component it
is not so straightforward as I expected.

Please improve DefaultDataTable so it will be capable to change rows per
page.

I also suggest creating child components in all the non-final components via
createXXX methods instead of new keyword in order to simplify overriding.

Re: DefaultDataTable: How to add a DDChoice to change rows per page

Posted by Vladimir K <ko...@gmail.com>.
Vit, thanks for pointing the topic. It will come in handy.

However I believe it makes sense to have DDC incorporated into navigation
toolbar to save space.

Posted by Vit Rozkovec <ro...@email.cz>.
Hi, check this out: