Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2000/09/03 15:33:04 UTC

Re: Aha! got it! 64k limit(was: new version of the sqllogicsheetunderdevelopment)

Uli Mayring wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Sep 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
> > > And I suspect the clean-page model will not work anymore in cocoon2, so
> > > everything needs to be converted over to the taglib-model.
> >
> > This assumption is correct, but at the same time, the taglib-model is
> > nothing different from the clean-page model.
>
> Ha! Says the inventor of both models! But I am not entirely convinced, see
> my other mail to this list about this topic :)

Wrong. I invented the clean-page model, Ricardo the taglib-model and I
already publicly stated that namespace reaction is much wiser because
enforces MDSC much better.

> > This is exactly the point: I understand you are working on this and you
> > rely on the technology for your job, believe me there is nobody on this
> > list that respect this more than I do... but do you want to continue
> > with these hacks forever?
>
> I don't have too many hacks, at least nothing that couldn't be ported
> easily. But I wouldn't be surprised if the situation was different for
> guys like Mark Wasberg, who have really, really, really busy sites.

> > At the same time, we totally understand that C2 will be much different
> > from C1 so we'll make the path the smoother possible. This doesn't mean
> > there won't be bumps and back incompatibilities, there will be some, the
> > architecture is too different, but we'll make sure to ease this as much
> > as possible and we'll make C2 so irresistible that you'll feel ashamed
> > by still having to use C1 :)
>
> Sounds like a good plan to me :-)

Cool :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: Aha! got it! 64k limit(was: new version of the sqllogicsheetunderdevelopment)

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Uli Mayring wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Sep 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
> > Wrong. I invented the clean-page model, Ricardo the taglib-model and I
> > already publicly stated that namespace reaction is much wiser because
> > enforces MDSC much better.
>
> What is MDSC?

Multi-dimensional separation of concerns

Posted by Uli Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
On Sun, 3 Sep 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Wrong. I invented the clean-page model, Ricardo the taglib-model and I
> already publicly stated that namespace reaction is much wiser because
> enforces MDSC much better.

What is MDSC?

Ulrich

--