Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by am am <ak...@yahoo.com> on 2011/01/30 14:01:53 UTC

SyslogAppender

Hi,

I want to use the SyslogAppender as a client to a syslog server.
If the logging limit is reached, syslog server sends an alert to client.
Is this supported by SyslogAppender? Because I don't see some kind of callback
registration to get the allert from syslog server via the SyslogAppender.

Thank you!

Re: SyslogAppender

Posted by am am <ak...@yahoo.com>.
My apologies. I was misinformed. It is not supported by syslog
Thank you for your time.
Regards.

Is there a standard for that notification?  I don't see it in RFC 5424
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5424).

Re: SyslogAppender

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.