Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by kevin chen <ke...@bdsing.com> on 2008/06/21 16:31:07 UTC

Why do I need segment directory when not using cache?

Hi, I am not providing cached content in my application, so I thought
may be I don't need to provide segments directory after index.  But the
Nutch will fail to initial if the segment directory is not present.

Is this fundamentally impossible or is there a way to go around it?

Kindly

Kevin

Re: Why do I need segment directory when not using cache?

Posted by wuqi <ch...@gmail.com>.
You need parse_text in the segment to generate snippet for your search result..