Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Joseph <pj...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/06 20:24:50 UTC

form validation bug re. the aggregate field?

Hi,

(Using Cocoon 2.1.7)

I have a form with an aggregate field whose "required" property is set
to "false" like so:

<fd:aggregatefield id="myAggregate" required="false">

I also have a save button that is set to validate the other fields whose
required property is "true" like so:
   <fd:submit id="save" command="save" validate="true"/>

The net result is that I still have to put something into the aggregate
field before it will save--else it simply flashes the form on the screen
without saving anything and without entering the flow script.

Once I set the save command to NOT validate, then I don't have to fill
in the aggregate field.

Is there some bug where the validate= "true" does not play with the
aggregate field, always expecting it to be set to some value?

thx
Paul