Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@accor.com> on 2006/06/01 16:45:09 UTC

Using continuum with Sybase SQLServer

Hi,
I'm trying to use continuum with Sybase SQLServer.
I have the following errors :

006-06-01 16:38:20,930 [main] DEBUG DDL                            -
CREATE TABLE SYSTEMCONFIGURATI
ON
(
    SYSTEMCONFIGURATION_ID int NOT NULL,
    BASE_URL nvarchar(255) NULL,
    BUILD_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY nvarchar(255) NULL,
    COMPANY_LOGO_URL nvarchar(255) NULL,
    COMPANY_NAME nvarchar(255) NULL,
    COMPANY_URL nvarchar(255) NULL,
    DEFAULT_SCHEDULE_CRON_EXCC nvarchar(255) NULL,
    DEFAULT_SCHEDULE_DESCRIPZ8 nvarchar(255) NULL,
    DEPLOYMENT_REPOSITORY_DIOA nvarchar(255) NULL,
    GUEST_ACCOUNT_ENABLED bit NOT NULL,
    INITIALIZED bit NOT NULL,
    MODEL_ENCODING nvarchar(255) NULL,
    WORKING_DIRECTORY nvarchar(255) NULL
)
2006-06-01 16:38:20,974 [main] DEBUG DDL                            -
Execution Time = 44 ms
2006-06-01 16:38:20,974 [main] WARN  General                        -
SQL warning: com.sybase.jdbc2.
jdbc.SybSQLWarning: Warning: Row size (2580 bytes) could exceed row size
limit, which is 1962 bytes.

It's just a warning.
But at the end ersistenceManagerImpl@146e381" closed
Error while deploying application
'continuum-plexus-application-1.0.3.jar'.
org.codehaus.plexus.application.ApplicationServerException: Could not
deploy the JAR
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.application.deploy.DefaultApplicationDeployer.deploy
Jar(DefaultApplic
ationDeployer.java:216)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.application.deploy.DefaultApplicationDeployer.deploy
(DefaultApplicati
onDeployer.java:136)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.application.deploy.DefaultApplicationDeployer.deploy
(DefaultApplicati
onDeployer.java:116)

aused by: org.jpox.store.poid.PoidException: Couldnt obtain a new
sequence (unique id) : The optimi
zer could not find a unique index which it could use to perform an
isolation level 0 scan on table '
SEQUENCE_TABLE'.

        at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.table.SequenceTable.getNextVal(SequenceTable.java:2
32)
        at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.poid.SequenceTablePoidGenerator.reserveBlock(Sequen
ceTablePoidGenera
tor.java:86)
        at
org.jpox.store.poid.AbstractPoidGenerator.reserveBlock(AbstractPoidGener
ator.java:35)
        at
org.jpox.store.poid.PoidManager.obtainPoidBlock(PoidManager.java:230)
        at
org.jpox.store.poid.PoidManager.obtainPoidBlock(PoidManager.java:141)
        at org.jpox.store.poid.PoidManager.getNext(PoidManager.java:94)
        at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.RDBMSManager.getStrategyValue(RDBMSManager.java:128
5)
        at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.table.ClassTable.newOID(ClassTable.java:784)

[INFO] The application server has started.

But nothing works, tables are created in the databases.
Questions : are tables created within a transaction ?
Someone else has experimented this ?

Thanks
--
Olivier

This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this message") are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this message in error please send it back to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination or disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Ce message electronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les informations contenues dans ce message ( ci apres "le message" ), sont confidentiels et destines exclusivement a l'usage de la  personne a laquelle ils sont adresses. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, merci  de le renvoyer a son emetteur et de le detruire. Toutes diffusion, publication, totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non expressement autorisees de ce message, sont interdites.

Re: RE : Using continuum with Sybase SQLServer

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
Yes, you can create an issue, but I don't look personaly at it because I don't have Sybase SQLServer :-)

Emmanuel

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
So it's a jpox bug. Jpox create all tables before the first continuum request.

You can try to create a database with only the SEQUENCE_TABLE and start continuum with it.

Emmanuel