Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chidanand Gangur <ch...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/04 08:48:32 UTC

[users@httpd] SSL and MSIE not working properly.

Hi all,

I have a sceneraio as shown in the diagram below.

+------------------------+ xml +-------------------+
| unix sock|<------------->|unix sock |
| PHP | | Back End |
| |<---------+ | Module |
+------------------------+ | | |
| | | +--------------------+ +-----------------+
| Apache Server| | | MSIE 6 |
| 1.3.29 | +------------------------------>| Browser |
| | xml over ssl | playing flash
+---------------------+ | application |
+------------------+

I have apache 1.3.29 compiled with modssl and PHP. I have a flash screen
which sends XML data to the back end module via PHP script. To achieve this
I read the HTTP raw data in php script open unix socket connection to my
back end module and send the XML for further processing . When PHP gets the
response from the back end module I send it to flash and immediately close
the socket connection to my backend module.

This the point where I have the problem , when i send the data to flash
appln running in the browser i see that the falsh havent received any thing
it says 0 bytes received.

I tried to look in to SSL_request and engine logs where i get

[debug] OpenSSL: I/O error 23 bytes expected to write on BIO
[debug] OpenSSL: I/O error 23 bytes expected to write on BIO
[debug] OpenSSL: I/O error 23 bytes expected to write on BIO

[info] connection to child closed with standard shutdown

on further googling I found
http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#ToC49

I did the approriate settings in my httpd.conf as suggested on the link
given above but that too didnt help.

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
             *nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
             downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0*

One thing to confirm is, there is nothing wrong in flash appln since it
works very well on http with IE and with http/https on
fire fox browser, hence I am suspecting this as some server side
configuration issue. Can some one help me to solve this problem?

I would like to add one more point
On IE https works fine that is the flash files on server gets loaded
properly or if i have some static html page that too works fine.
I see the above problem only when i have some PHP to back end communication.

Thanks,

Chidanand Gangur
Pune.

--