Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "BAZLEY, Sebastian" <Se...@london.sema.slb.com> on 2003/12/12 16:41:59 UTC

Is LSD down? Dotnot build failed? errors in txt2html-task

Can't seem to get to the builds on LSD (Utwente).

Also, the DOTNOT build seems to have stopped part-way through - just after
directory-naming.

Are these known problems?

Also, there's something odd happening with txt2html-task - it apparently
builds OK on both coccoodev and covalent, but then jakarta-servletapi-5-jsp
fails on covalent with the message:

Missing prereq /data/gump/jars/latest/jakarta-servletapi-5/ant from
txt2html-task

cocoondef seems OK.

S.

Re: Gumpy on Windows (was Re: installing packages required for gump)

Posted by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com>.
perhaps running it under cygwin and using cygpath  will help.
R,
Nick

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> the cp is using -u which is not available in the cp from mksnt :(

I oughtn't doubt your word ('cos I don't have time to check) but:

    F:\data\OSS\jakarta-gump\python>which cp
    F:\apps\mks\mksnt/cp.exe

What are you seeing?

regards

Adam

Re: Gumpy on Windows (was Re: installing packages required for gump)

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Adam,

=====

Re: Gumpy on Windows (was Re: installing packages required for gump)

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Adam,

=====

Re: Gumpy on Windows (was Re: installing packages required for gump)

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Has anyone tried running Gumpy on windows?

thanks,
dims

=====

Re: installing packages required for gump

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.

Re: Is LSD down?

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
>>It's back up now, running on Fedora. I hope I didn't break anything.
>>Let's see what happens tonite.
>

> Wot no JDK? ;-)

[lsimons@lsd ~]$ rpm -q j2sdk -l | grep '/java$'
/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2/bin/java
/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2/jre/bin/java

symlinks, eh? :D. In the meantime, probably a good idea to update the
env info; I don't think I'll be putting anything inside /opt anymore
(will be endevouring to use rpms which will go somewhere inside /usr).

cheers!

- LSD

Re: installing packages required for gump

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.

> Looks like there is no easy way to do bootstrap a machine with the
installable packages...Can
> someone prove me wrong? :) Am trying to run gump locally on a server here
just to debug
> ws-axis-test failures.

There is, if you have 'karma' (never used that word in an apache context,
not sure I have it right, always wanted to :-) on one of the public servers.
I slurp them down from

rsync -arcvvz --delete --stats --rsh="ssh"
ajack@lsd.student.utwente.nl:/data/gump/opt /var/gump/opt

That said ...

Me, I'd "whittle" down your profile to remove any but the needed packages &
install those 'legally'.

[Q: You using Python Gump or Traditional? Just curious, and it might make a
difference.]

regards,

Adam

installing packages required for gump

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Looks like there is no easy way to do bootstrap a machine with the installable packages...Can
someone prove me wrong? :) Am trying to run gump locally on a server here just to debug
ws-axis-test failures.

Thanks,
dims

=====

Re: Is LSD down?

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> It's back up now, running on Fedora. I hope I didn't break anything.
> Let's see what happens tonite.

Wot no JDK? ;-)

[ajack@lsd gump]$ more local-env-py-lsd.sh
[...]
export JAVA_HOME=/opt/sunjdk
export CLASSPATH=$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar
export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin

[ajack@lsd gump]$ . !$
. local-env-py-lsd.sh
[ajack@lsd gump]$ which java
/usr/bin/which: no java in
(/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/ajack/b
in:/home/ajack/opt/forrest/bin:/opt/sunjdk/bin)
[ajack@lsd gump]$

regards,

Adam

Re: Is LSD down?

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.

Re: Is LSD down?

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
>>Can't seem to get to the builds on LSD (Utwente).
>
> LSD was off the network yesterday, and today. I wonder if Leo (or flat
> mates) were PO'd w/ me interrupting their audio/visual experiences w/
> builds. It came back online so I started the build 3a.m. LSD time. No idea
> if it finished, or if/when the link will return.

The machine is having issues. One of my flatmates resurrected it I
believe. Disk seems to be dying slowly. I think I'll take it offline
today, rip a disk from my workstation and install fedora core while I'm
at it. Anyone wanna buy me a disk? :/

Anyway, Sam has now ordered some machines within IBM to lend to the ASF,
and (near-certainly) one of them will be running GUMP. Then we'll get
some reliability.

- LSD

Re: Is LSD down? Dotnot build failed? errors in txt2html-task

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> Can't seem to get to the builds on LSD (Utwente).

LSD was off the network yesterday, and today. I wonder if Leo (or flat
mates) were PO'd w/ me interrupting their audio/visual experiences w/
builds. It came back online so I started the build 3a.m. LSD time. No idea
if it finished, or if/when the link will return.

> Also, the DOTNOT build seems to have stopped part-way through - just after
> directory-naming.

Sorry. DOTNOT is going to be offline shortly, I updated the site to point to
it right before I found this out.

As for that build, I figured folks were relying upon LSD, so I used DOTNOT
to do a test of directory-naming (a Subversion not CVS project). It stopped
there 'cos I asked it to.

> Are these known problems?

The known problem is that we need more machines to test/run on. [I work the
sad side of a slow modem, I can't test here.] We definately need more
machines for proper (non-testing) builds.

We could have one coming from Sam, but no promises/no timing on that. I
think we need to find more willing folks.

Any ideas on how we go about that?

regards

Adam

Re: Covalent can't find output from txt2html-task - but why?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 15 Dec 2003, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> ISTR that Sam changed the related copy operation to be recursive
> when I used the same cheat months ago, I'll try to look into it.

He did, but the cp doesn't even get invoked as it is conditional on
the source being a file.

Should be fixed with the next run (not the one that is going on as of
this writing).

Stefan

Re: Covalent can't find output from txt2html-task - but why?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003, Sebastian Bazley
<Se...@london.sema.slb.com> wrote:

> On covalent, jakarta-servletapi-5-jsp can't find the output from
> txt2html-task - On cocoondev, exactly the same build works fine.

On gump.covalent.net, generated jars get copied to a jar repository.
As txt2html-task doesn't create a jar, I cheated and put the directory
holding the class files into <jar> - and it seems to have some issues
with copying the directories.

Posted by Sebastian Bazley <Se...@london.sema.slb.com>.
> Also, there's something odd happening with txt2html-task - it apparently
> builds OK on both coccoodev and covalent, but then jakarta-servletapi-5-jsp
> fails on covalent with the message:
>
> Missing prereq /data/gump/jars/latest/jakarta-servletapi-5/ant from
> txt2html-task

I've had a look at cocoondev and covalent logs and definitions, and can't spot the problem, but I'm not very familiar with Gump.
- On covalent, jakarta-servletapi-5-jsp can't find the output from txt2html-task
- On cocoondev, exactly the same build works fine.

It would be useful if this could be fixed, and I'd help if I could, but I'm stuck...

S.