Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Cliff Skolnick <cl...@organic.com> on 1995/05/07 02:20:29 UTC

Re: virtual host again

} > I also love how the traditional
} > mode 0666 is not used as the third argument to open.  This
} > means the process umask is not payed enough attention to, agh...
}
} On purpose -- 0644 is desired (process umask be damned), and there
} is nothing "traditional" about using 0666 as a third argument.
} Yeah, sure, the xfer_mode should be a config file parameter,
} but I didn't think it was important at the time.

Sure it is traditional, in fact it is a define in BSD.

/usr/include/sys/stat.h:#define DEFFILEMODE     (S_IRUSR|S_IWUSR|S_IRGRP|S_IWGRP|S_IROTH|S_IWOTH)

Agh, I don't think many will argue the architecture of 1.3.  Don't
even bother to try.

Cliff