Posted to ftpserver-dev@incubator.apache.org by Sergey Vladimirov <vl...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/04 15:49:43 UTC

Using BaseUser

Hi, ftpserver-dev,

We have BaseUser used over all code. Almost every component believes, that
User is instance of BaseUser.
I'm sure we need to remove this assumption, and use User interface.

That means, we should not assume, that UserManager uses BaseUser, or can
work with it. Additionaly, FtpRequestImpl should not use "empty" BaseUser
before authentication - just store user name and wait until correct user can
be retrievied from UserManager (after PASS command).

It will help to implement application specific UserManager much easy.

--
Sergey Vladimirov

Re: Using BaseUser

Posted by Sergey Vladimirov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hi, all,

I prepared patch (reprepared) that set link in Request to User from
UserManager, instead of creating new BaseUser object and repopulating all
User properties.

From my point of view, In ideal case BaseUser should be like "DefaultUser"
or "AbstractUser" as base for UserManager implementation. FTPServer core
should works only with User interface.

Sergey.

--
Sergey Vladimirov