Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2012/11/18 20:04:15 UTC

Welcome new QA volunteers!

We are receiving quite a few requests to join the OpenOffice QA team
this weekend. New volunteers range from ordinary users to professional
QA Engineers: it will be exciting to have all of you on board to ensure
that Apache OpenOffice 4.0 is on par with expectations when we release
it in 2013!

All new volunteers should subscribe to the QA mailing list or they will
miss announcements: just send an empty e-mail message to
qa-subscribe@openoffice.apache.org and respond to the confirmation
request you will receive. Do it now, since all QA activities will be
coordinated on this list: when we plan extensive pre-release testing, we
will post announcements and requests for help here.

Also make sure you have read
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/orientation/intro-qa.html
and stay tuned for further information; but you can already start with
the "Easy QA tasks" mentioned on that page and, of course, feel free to
write to qa@openoffice.apache.org (this mailing list) if you have nay
doubts.

Thanks,
   Andrea.