Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Edwin S. Lukaweski" <se...@idirect.com> on 2000/03/03 01:48:40 UTC

logger output

Hi!
	I am using Tomcat3.1M2RC2 and trying to figure out how to get the logging output switched from the stdout to a file. The server.xml specifies path="logs/jasper.log" (for example) but I cannot find such files in the file system (I am running under WIN95). All output is onto the "console".
	Do the defaults work? Do I need to change the path in some way?

Thanks, in advance
Ed

Re: logger output

Posted by "Anil K. Vijendran" <An...@eng.sun.com>.
Hmmm. I use Win NT and it works just fine. I can do a tail -f on any of those log files {jasper,tomcat,servlet}.log and I can see output filling the file up.

Unfortunately I don't have a Win95 box to confirm your behaviour.

"Edwin S. Lukaweski" wrote:

> Hi!
>         I am using Tomcat3.1M2RC2 and trying to figure out how to get the logging output switched from the stdout to a file. The server.xml specifies path="logs/jasper.log" (for example) but I cannot find such files in the file system (I am running under WIN95). All output is onto the "console".
>         Do the defaults work? Do I need to change the path in some way?
>
> Thanks, in advance
> Ed

Peace, Anil +<:-)