Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Development <de...@yeralin.net> on 2019/05/20 20:07:30 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-466: Add support for List serialization and deserialization

Hello,

I want to start a vote for KIP-466 <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-466:+Add+support+for+List%3CT%3E+serialization+and+deserialization> "Add support for List<T> serialization and deserialization”.
The implementation can be found as a PR <https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/6592>.
In order to utilize list serde, a user needs to create it in the following nested fashion: Serdes.ListSerde(Serdes.someSerde());
Because of this difference, it also requires separate test cases.

Thank you all for your input and support.

Best,
Daniyar Yeralin

Re: [VOTE] KIP-466: Add support for List serialization and deserialization

Posted by Development <de...@yeralin.net>.
Hi,

Thank you everyone!

KIP-466 Add support for List<T> serialization and deserialization will be marked as accepted with 3 binding votes:
Bill Bejeck, Guozhang Wang, and Matthias J. Sax.

Best,
Daniyar Yeralin

Posted by Bill Bejeck <bb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding).

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [VOTE] KIP-466: Add support for List serialization and deserialization

Posted by John Roesler <jo...@confluent.io>.
Thanks, Daniyar,

Posted by Development <de...@yeralin.net>.
Hello,

I want to start a vote for KIP-466 <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-466:+Add+support+for+List%3CT%3E+serialization+and+deserialization <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-466:+Add+support+for+List%3CT%3E+serialization+and+deserialization>> "Add support for List<T> serialization and deserialization”.
The implementation can be found as a PR <https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/6592 <https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/6592>>.