Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@shapeblue.com> on 2017/02/08 08:59:02 UTC

GSoC projects

FYI,

I am adding the label “considerForGSoC” to issues in jira. Please do the same if you want topropose anything.

Verzonden vanuit Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> voor KVM-guests

daan.hoogland@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, Utrecht Utrecht 3531 VENetherlands
@shapeblue

RE: GSoC projects

I want to propose another topic to relplace our old and crummy console with a NoVNC console. Long time ago I developed a prototype and the results were very promising [2]. I have opened a JIRA ticket for this as well [1]

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-9778
[2] https://github.com/cloudops/go-xen-console-proxy

Thanks,
-Syed

Re: GSoC projects

Posted by Raja Pullela <ra...@accelerite.com>.
Thanks Syed!

On 3/3/17, 3:52 AM, "Syed Ahmed" <sa...@cloudops.com> wrote:

I've talked to folks here and I don't think I can give write access to you
for the Wiki. I will create a google form and lets' use that instead.

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 2:58 PM, sachin patil <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> @syed I tried to edit the Candidates column but couldn't do it. I think
> there are some restrictions to edit the page. Please have a look into it. I
> would like to work for CLOUDSTACK-8629
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8629>
>
> On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 12:03 AM, Syed Ahmed <sa...@cloudops.com> wrote:
>
> > I have found the following links to be useful. Please read them. This
> > concerns both mentors and students
> >
> > https://community.apache.org/gsoc.html
> > https://community.apache.org/guide-to-being-a-mentor.html
> >

> > On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 12:10 PM, Syed Ahmed <sa...@cloudops.com> wrote:
> >
> > > So here is the wiki
> > >
> > > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/
> > > Google+Summer+of+Code+2017
> > >
> > > I have added the person who created the ticket on Jira as the potential
> > > mentor for now. Please add anything that I might have missed. The
> > > candidates should add their names against the projects they want to
> work
> > on
> > > and we can figure out ties later.
> > >
> > > In the mean time, we need to figure out what is the deal with ASF and
> > GSoC
> > > and how we can get ourselves in.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > -Syed

> there

> > can

> does
> the

> > sachin931350@gmail.com>

> at
> that’s
> raja.pullela@accelerite.com>
> on
> our
> > wiki,
> can
> > (for
> participants?
> It
> > it
> > you

DISCLAIMER
==========
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

Re: GSoC projects

Posted by sachin patil <sa...@gmail.com>.
@daan Thank you!!

Re: GSoC projects

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 2:59 PM, sachin patil <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> sachin931350

you have access now

--
Daan

Re: GSoC projects

Posted by sachin patil <sa...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for late reply @daan.
My id is sachin931350

Re: GSoC projects

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: GSoC projects

Posted by Syed Ahmed <sa...@cloudops.com>.

Re: GSoC projects

Posted by sachin patil <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: GSoC projects

Posted by Syed Ahmed <sa...@cloudops.com>.

Re: GSoC projects

Posted by Syed Ahmed <sa...@cloudops.com>.
So here is the wiki

Re: GSoC projects

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@shapeblue.com>.
Syed,

Re: GSoC projects

Posted by Syed Ahmed <sa...@cloudops.com>.

Re: GSoC projects

Posted by sachin patil <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: GSoC projects

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@shapeblue.com>.

Re: GSoC projects

Posted by Raja Pullela <ra...@accelerite.com>.
Hi,

Re: GSoC projects

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@shapeblue.com>.

Re: GSoC projects

Posted by Syed Ahmed <sa...@cloudops.com>.
Hi Guys,

Re: GSoC projects

Posted by Sergey Levitskiy <Se...@autodesk.com>.
I like it very much!

Re: GSoC projects

Posted by Syed Ahmed <sa...@cloudops.com>.
I've added another project to the list.

CLOUDSTACK-9804 :  Add Cinder as a storage driver to Cloudstack

The idea is to add cinder support for managed storage. Cinder is *The*
platform for doing Software defined storage. Every vendor has plugged in
their device to Cinder. We can run Cinder standalone [1] . This would mean
that once we integrate Cinder, we get all the other storage vendor support
for free, NetApp, HP ... the list is huge [2]

[1] https://gorka.eguileor.com/standalone-cinder/
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CinderSupportMatrix

Re: GSoC projects

Re: GSoC projects