Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com> on 1998/02/16 07:22:09 UTC

how do you deal with a broken benchmark, so early in the morning...

It makes requests.  It reads reponses.  It compares servers based on the
bytes/sec they spit out, only it ignores the headers.

Some servers are horrible and only output three lines of headers, which
_does_ really hurt things like more advanced features, caching ,etc.

Some (like Apache) output a few more.

Some (like that IBM thing) output a whole lot of crap.

Gee, this sounds like it gives nice results to me.  Sigh.

Oh yea, why can't we do a persistent non-chunked connection for CGIs that
output a content-length?

Re: how do you deal with a broken benchmark, so early in the morning...

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
On Sun, 15 Feb 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:

> Oh yea, why can't we do a persistent non-chunked connection for CGIs that
> output a content-length?

We could.  We could also chunk non-persistent responses, and we should.

Dean