Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by David Li <li...@apache.org> on 2022/04/20 20:13:59 UTC

[VOTE] Extend Arrow Flight SQL with more SQL type info in schemas

Hello,

Iury da Guia Salino has proposed an addition to Arrow Flight SQL, an experimental protocol for interacting with SQL databases over Arrow Flight. This adds on to the previous proposal [1] adding an additional "type name" metadata field on returned schemas for use by the JDBC driver being implemented by their team [2].

The pull request [3] implements the additions in C++ and Java and contains integration tests.

Please vote whether to accept these enhancements. The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Accept these protocol additions
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not accept these protocol additions because…

[1]: "[VOTE] Extend Arrow Flight SQL with GetXdbcTypeInfo, SQL type info in schemas" https://lists.apache.org/thread/ynlyjcc5k66dbjphv485nl2nt6ztbbzt
[2]: https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/12254
[3]: https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/12747

Thanks,
David

Re: [VOTE] Extend Arrow Flight SQL with more SQL type info in schemas

Posted by James Duong <ja...@bitquilltech.com.INVALID>.
+1 non-binding.

--

*James Duong*
Lead Software Developer

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
all copies of the original message.  Thank you.

Re: [VOTE] Extend Arrow Flight SQL with more SQL type info in schemas

Posted by David Li <li...@apache.org>.
My vote: +1 (binding)

The vote passes with 4 binding +1 votes and 3 non-binding +1 votes. Thanks to all who contributed.

I'll circle back on the PR comments before merging.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by José Almeida <jo...@simbioseventures.com>.
+1 (non binding)