Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Julie Szmyd <ju...@realgo.com> on 2006/09/19 19:33:41 UTC

Re: JK 1.2.18 win32 dll not working

Finally solved this.  There is now a note at the bottom of the downloads
page [not all mirrors show the readme notes right on the page, so if you
don't see the note check the README.html  :(  ] that gives the resolution:

There is an error in 1.2.18 that requires the new feature
rewrite_rule_file to be present in the Registry configuration, and it
won't load JK without that file. However it can be an empty file.

So, create an empty rewrites.properties file and add "rewrite_rule_file"
in the Jakarta Isapi Redirector\\1.0 registry that points to that file.

The next version will have that resolved by not requiring
rewrite_rule_file to be present.

--Julie

> Hi,
>
> I tried to upgrade an older version of the win32 JK isapi_redirect.dll
> to the jk-1.2.18 version that I downloaded from
> http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/apache/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/win32/jk-1.2.18.
> For some reason, IIS is not able to load the ISAPI filter.  It errors
> out with the following message when I start IIS:
>
> ---------------------
>
> The HTTP Filter DLL C:\java\Tomcat\Jakarta Isapi
> Redirector\bin\isapi_redirect.dll failed to load.  The data is the error.
>
> data in bytes: 0000: 02 00 00 00               ....
>
> ---------------------
>
> I was able to successfully upgrade to the jk-1.2.15 version, which
> makes me think my setup is correct, and there could be  a problem with
> the binary for jk-1.2.18.  Has anyone else gotten the 1.2.18 version
> working on Windows XP IIS version 5.1?  Are there any differences in
> configuration from 1.2.15 to 1.2.18?
>
> Thanks,
> Julie Szmyd

*Julie Szmyd*