Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "alfons.meier@bluewin.ch" <al...@bluewin.ch> on 2015/12/25 17:01:18 UTC

Network offering with specified id doesn't support multiple ip ranges

Dear all,
first of all, Happy Christmas to everyone! :-)
I'd be (also) happy for someone to help me out of my dumbness. I'm fightidng with the error message "Network offering with specified id doesn't support multiple ip ranges" since setting-up Cloudstack with 2 NIC's on all hosts and having pre-defined a 'Guest' network on each NIC during zone-setup. But I'd like to keep a guest network on the public NIC and a guest network on the internal NIC for various purposes. Still, there's this issue I'm fighting on since 36 hours...
Under Home > Infrastructure > Zones > myZoneName > Internal Traffic > Guest > [+Add guest network]
I'm trying to add a first internal CIFR network, but it won't let me chose any network offerings (blank, none available). So I created a simple isolated network offering, giving it the tag "xyvw" so Cloudstack knows which guest network to chose from (during zone setup I have pre-defined on each NIC a guest network, the internal having the tag "xyvw"). Going then back to create the guest network finally, I'll see the priorly created service offering only when chosing
Scope: Account
Domain: Root
Account: admin
First personal problem; I'm not so sure that should be like that. Someone can enlighten me on that? And 2ndly, when click on create, following error message appears which is my main handicapp: "Network offering with specified id doesn't support multiple ip ranges."
Why is that? Can someone help?
Below a short topology info on the network setup:
eth0 (cloudbr0) = External Traffic (Physical network name) => Public Switch (L3)
eth1 (cloudbr1) = Internal Traffic (Physical network name) => Internal Switch (L2)
defined during zone-setup:
eth0; public network & guest network (for shared network) tagged with "xyvv"
eth1; management network (primary+secondary storage), guest network (for isolated networks) tagged with "xyvw"
Anyone has experience in setting up such kind of a cloudstack network ? (2 NIC's, one guest for each NIC)
Thanks a ton for anyone!
Cheers,
Alfons