Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Dinh Viet Hung <di...@epiqus.com> on 2001/06/27 11:46:58 UTC

SOAPException --- no signature match

Hi all SOAPers out there,

I have spent almost a day to figure out why SOAP throws me the "no
signature match" error, but have not found any solution yet.
I'm trying a very simple service with 2 methods, one uses primitive data
type and the other uses complex type.
I got the first one running fine. But got the problem with the one using
complex type.

The response is:
Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Server;
msg=Exception while handling service request:
myservice.TestService.getNameCard(com.testserviceservice.www.TestService
.Card) -- no signature match]
        at
TestService_ServiceProxy.getNameCard(TestService_ServiceProxy.java:89)
        at
TestService_ServiceProxy.main(TestService_ServiceProxy.java:104)

At server side I have 2 classes:
  + myservice.TestService
  + myservice.Card

And at client side I used WSTK to generate for me a WSDL file and proxy
class file, it also generated for me a CardSerializer class at
com.testserviceservice.www.TestService

So what I have at client are:
  + com.testserviceservice.www.TestServiceCard.Serializer
  + com.testserviceservice.www.TestService.Card
  + TestService_ServiceProxy
  + wsdl and deployment descriptor files

I have done the deployment, I think it is fine as I managed to run the
first method (using primitive data type).

Also I have tried using javap TestService_ServiceProxy and i'm able to
see the method with the com.testserviceservice.www.Card as input
parameter.

???So what was I missing here???
Can somebody helps me please!

thanks,
Hung

BTW, my configuration is: NT4, Tomcat 3.2.1, Apache Soap 2.2, jaf 1.0.1,
javamail 1.2, xerces 1.4.0