Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lars Trieloff <la...@trieloff.net> on 2005/11/02 00:49:05 UTC

[m2] compilerId for maven-compiler-plugin

Hi,

according to the maven-compiler-plugin documentation I can set the
compiler to be used by adding the compilerId element to my pom.xml.

However my small example POM which includes following build
configuration is unable to work with maven.

  <build>
    <pluginManagement>
      <plugins>
        <plugin>
          <configuration>
            <compilerId>eclipse</compilerId>
          </configuration>
          <dependencies>
            <dependency>
              <groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
              <artifactId>plexus-compiler-eclipse</artifactId>
              <version>1.5.1</version>
            </dependency>
          </dependencies>
        </plugin>
      </plugins>
    </pluginManagement>
  </build>

I tell the compiler-plugin to use the eclipse compiler and add it as
dependency to the compiler-plugin. But when I run maven, it fails with:
"No such compiler 'eclipse'.". The stack trace is:

Maven even does not attempt to load or download plexus-compiler-eclipse
from the central repository.

Is there an error in my build configuration or is this a bug of m2?

Lars

Re: [m2] compilerId for maven-compiler-plugin

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Please file this in JIRA - it looks like it should work to me.

- Brett