Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Rasmus Halland <ha...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/15 05:17:57 UTC

Running under IIS

Hi

I'm thinking that would be nice to be able to easily run CouchDB under IIS
as an ISAPI module. So my question is, how tightly is couchdb coupled with
its web server? And do you think it would be feasible to write such an ISAPI
module?
rasmus

Re: Running under IIS

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On 15 Feb 2009, at 05:17, Rasmus Halland wrote:

> I'm thinking that would be nice to be able to easily run CouchDB
> under IIS
> as an ISAPI module. So my question is, how tightly is couchdb
> coupled with
> its web server? And do you think it would be feasible to write such
> an ISAPI
> module?

I don't think there are any ISAPIs for Erlang applications.

CouchDB does not allow you to swap out the web server. If your were to
do it, you'd need to write a) a web server abstraction (ESAPI if you
will :)
in Erlang and then bridge that to the ISAPI C-API. I don't see how
this is
any good :)

Cheers
Jan

Re: Running under IIS

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@gmail.com>.
The Best way to do this is via http. Set up your web front end to
proxy all requests for a certain hostname to CouchDB's port.

Sent from my iPhone