Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com> on 2005/12/01 00:32:38 UTC

Turbine and Yaafi and Clogging

Hi all,

Gump is failing the Turbine build because 1.1-dev of commons logging
has changed some of the implementations of the loggers:

/x1/gump/public/workspace/jakarta-turbine-2/src/java/org/apache/
turbine/services/avaloncomponent/TurbineYaafiComponentService.java:
270: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class Log4JLogger
location: package impl
         if( log instanceof
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger )
                                                           ^
/x1/gump/public/workspace/jakarta-turbine-2/src/java/org/apache/
turbine/services/avaloncomponent/TurbineYaafiComponentService.java:
274: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class Log4JLogger
location: package impl
                 ((org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger)
log).getLogger()

Instead of o.a.c.l.i.Log4JLogger there is version specific loggers:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/apidocs/org/apache/commons/
logging/impl/Log4J12Logger.html

I am not sure what to do, but I will say, I hate logging with a
passion, it seems too hard!

Eric

Re: Turbine and Yaafi and Clogging

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Thanks!

We are really close to getting Turbine to build under Gump, which
will help us flush out all these types of incompatiblities, and do
continous integration as well.  To debug this issue, make sure you
build commons-logging-1.1-dev from CVS HEAD, as that is what Gump is
using and causing these problems.

Eric

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Eric,