Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Benedetto Dell'Ariccia <bd...@tiscali.com> on 2003/10/09 11:38:17 UTC

Calling HTTPS URL with IO

I'm still trying to call a HTTPS URL with the IO TAGLIB, no logs errors, the browser still waiting untill.

Can someone help me?

Benny

Re: Calling HTTPS URL with IO

Posted by Benedetto Dell'Ariccia <bd...@tiscali.com>.
Hi Hassan,
tnx for the help but, I show you this code, in this code there are 3 calls
with the IO taglib to 3 different HTTPS servers, the first one is the one
that does not work,
I had to put xxx and yyyy, the others works correctly without any other
code....you can try.....is this correct?

The error message for the first call is:
 org.apache.jasper.JasperException: HTTPS hostname wrong:  should be

Tnx a lot!
Benny

-------------CODE
<%@ page import="java.net.* ,java.io.*" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/xtags-1.0" prefix="xtags"
%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/io-1.0" prefix="io" %>

 <io:http url="https://add-on-as1.tb.tiscali.it:443/xxx/yyyyy"
action="GET"/>

 <io:http url="https://www.payonline.it/ext" action="POST" input="true"
output="true"/>
 <io:http url="https://www.playsecureserver1.com:443" />

------------END CODE

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@webtuitive.com>.
Benedetto Dell'Ariccia wrote:

> I'm still trying to call a HTTPS URL with the IO TAGLIB,

Sorry, missed this earlier.

The IO taglib works, but you need to prep your environment first;
here's a sample that should get you started...

<%@ page
         import = "javax.servlet.http.*,
                                 java.io.*,
                                 javax.net.ssl.*,
                                 java.security.cert.X509Certificate,
                                 java.security.cert.*,
                                 java.security.KeyStore,
                                 java.security.Provider,
                                 java.util.*"
         errorPage = "oops.jsp"
%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/io-1.0" prefix="io" %>
<%
         try
         {

         }
         catch (Exception noSSLConnectionAvailable)
         {
                 System.out.println(noSSLConnectionAvailable.getMessage());
                 /* noSSLConnectionAvailable needs to divert to an error page,
                  * since we can't process the transaction this way.
                  */
         }
%>

<io:http url="https://secure.example.com/program"
		action="POST" input="true" output="true">

... and Bob's y'r uncle  :-)

HTH!

                           dream.  code.