Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org> on 2016/09/19 18:06:32 UTC

7.0.1 app composer container properties issue

Hi,
I've made a ebean test project where I use two different props
implementations (defining datasource):

1. using @ContainerProperties on class

2. using  @Configuration

I do al loop calling a repository 10 times and in 2. its ok.
In 1. everything freezes after 8 requests.

I started out thinking it must be an ebean issue, but I do think it's an
tomee issue.

Any comments?

repo:
https://github.com/hwaastad/TomeeJaxrsValidation.git
and branch is develop.

Re: 7.0.1 app composer container properties issue

Posted by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org>.
I was too quick to say it works in 1.7.4.

DataSource spec has changed.
Default in 1.7.4 maxactive/maxIdle = 20 while in 7.0 its
maxTotal/maxActive=8

so in my test running loop of 10....yeah, testing is not always the answer.
spec usually is :-)

I'll start testing my own transactionmanager to see where it's not
releasing.

/hw

Re: 7.0.1 app composer container properties issue

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Same binary iirc

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Le 20 sept. 2016 11:45, "hwaastad" <he...@waastad.org> a écrit :

> Well,
> I might see if ebeans does something special.
>
> I've tried setting atuocommit false in ebean but the result is the same:
>
> 11:20:55.857 [main] DEBUG org.avaje.ebean.SQL - txn[1474363255855] select
> t0.id c0, t0.name c1 from t_user t0 where t0.name = ? ; --bind(aSDAWD)
> 11:20:55.857 [main] DEBUG org.avaje.ebean.SUM - txn[1474363255855]
FindMany
> type[User] origin[BdZsUV.BqJLxS.BnEUyX] exeMicros[822] rows[0]
> predicates[t0.name = ? ] bind[aSDAWD]
> 11:20:55.858 [main] DEBUG c.a.e.s.t.JtaTransactionManager - Jta Txn
> [1474363255855] committed
> 11:20:55.858 [main] DEBUG org.avaje.ebean.TXN - txn[1474363255855] Commit
>
> It reached the maxTotal but apparently no release
>
> What puzzels me now is that without logsql, an injected datasource is a
> proxy to a loggingsqldatasource while without it's just a
> basicmanageddatasource.
> I'll see if there is a diff on those two that might affect ebean.

That is what does LogSql properties yes. Is tx mg integration with ebean
well done?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Side note: autocommit + jta doesnt lake sense since jta handles the tx or
you autocommit. Maybe a wrong setup there.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Le 19 sept. 2016 21:04, "hwaastad" <he...@waastad.org> a écrit :

> Hi,
> aligne both (needed to change inmemory db to separate since paralell runs)
>
> Strange, but with my current config both fails with LogSql=false.
> LogSQL=true it OK...
>
> If this does'nt make sense I can always check the thread stack.

Yes please

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Le 19 sept. 2016 20:11, "hwaastad" <he...@waastad.org> a écrit :

> Hi,
> I've made a ebean test project where I use two different props
> implementations (defining datasource):
>
> 1. using @ContainerProperties on class
>
> 2. using  @Configuration

You pushed different config, did you try aligning both?

> I do al loop calling a repository 10 times and in 2. its ok.
> In 1. everything freezes after 8 requests.

What is the thread stack when locked? Also note hsqldb can need mvcc option
depending (ebean?) tx setup