Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com> on 2014/01/06 11:00:29 UTC

[DRAFT] Stanbol status report January 2014

Hi,

here is a draft for our board report that needs to be submitted ASAP.
The board meeting is scheduled for Jan 15, 2014.

Please comment, add.

Status report for the Apache Stanbol Project - January, 2014

Apache Stanbol provides a set of reusable components for semantic content
management.

The project missed to report on their regular schedule in December 2013,
therefore this report was prepared for January 2014.

There are no issues which require board attention at the moment.

The project is performing well and new features are added on a regular basis.
The dev mailing list is actively in use. Requests from subscribers are handled
promptly.

The release process is still slow which means that the project was unable
to produce a release since Feb 2013. The reason seems to be that release
preparation is to time consuming and there are not enough committers that
are capable of performing a release.

As a consequence the current Stanbol users mostly rely on the latest versions
from the dev trunk or the already existing release branch. The project is
aware of this situation and is working on that issue.

Subscribers on the dev list: 210
No new committers were elected since June 2013.

No releases were published.
Last release was: apache-stanbol-enhancement-engines-0.10.0 on Feb 2nd, 2013

--
Fabian
http://twitter.com/fctwitt

Re: [DRAFT] Stanbol status report January 2014

Posted by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

since it was time to submit a report, I did submit the drafted report
to the board.

The next report should be on schedule in March 2014.

Best,
 - Fabian

--
Fabian