Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by fl...@ubs.com on 2005/02/10 16:16:19 UTC

use of XmlDate

hi.

I am trying to force a specific format into a date field using the XmlDate. I seem to be generating a proper XmlDate when I debug the object. But the xml itself is always empty

this is my code:

private XmlDate toXmlDate(final Calendar calendar) {
        final GDateBuilder builder = new GDateBuilder();
        builder.setYear(calendar.get(Calendar.YEAR));
        builder.setMonth(calendar.get(Calendar.MONTH)+1);
        builder.setDay(calendar.get(Calendar.DAY_OF_MONTH));
        final XmlDate xd = XmlDate.Factory.newInstance();
        xd.setGDateValue(builder.toGDate());
        return xd;
    }

Anyone have any suggestion why this is creating seemingly ok XmlDate objects but they are not being picked up when i set them like so

additionalInfo.addNewTermination().xsetDate(toXmlDate(demographics.getTerminationDate()));

Florian Hehlen