Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Swapnil Bawaskar <sb...@pivotal.io> on 2018/03/01 19:22:57 UTC

Re: Next release: 1.5.0

I will take up the release management task for 1.5.0

Re: Next release: 1.5.0

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.
Thanks, John.  I did a round of updates for this release and expect we can continue do this in subsequent releases.

Bundled dependencies:
	Commons Lang is at *3.7;* Geode is at 2.6
	Log4j is at *2.10.0*; Geode is at 2.8.2
	Netty is at *4.1.22.Final*; Geode is at 4.1.21.Final
	Spring Security is at *5.0.3.RELEASE*; Geode is at 4.2.4.RELEASE.
	Spring Framework is at *5.0.3.RELEASE*; Geode is at 4.3.14.RELEASE

Non-bundled dependencies:
	AssertJ is at *3.9.1;  *Geode is at 3.8.0
	Mockito is at *2.15.0*; Geode is at 2.8.9
	JSON Path is at *2.4.0*; Geode is at 2.2.0
	Tomcat is at *8.5.28*; Geode is at 8.5.9.

I haven’t explored the Spring update to see how painful that will be.  I do like the dependency management plugin provided by Spring and would like to incorporate that into our build.  The log4j update to 2.10.0 had some conflicts with jetty IIRC so I backed off on that one for this release.

Anthony

Re: Next release: 1.5.0

Posted by John Blum <jb...@pivotal.io>.

--
-John
john.blum10101 (skype)

Re: Next release: 1.5.0

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.
Looks like there are some things broken related to serialization filtering as well on the release branch:

https://concourse.apachegeode-ci.info/teams/main/pipelines/release-1.5.0/jobs/DistributedTest/builds/2 <https://concourse.apachegeode-ci.info/teams/main/pipelines/release-1.5.0/jobs/DistributedTest/builds/2>

Re: Next release: 1.5.0

Posted by John Blum <jb...@pivotal.io>.

--
-John