Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/13 11:42:13 UTC

page with tacos:Autocompleter does not load in IE

After upgrading to tapestry 4.0.2 and tacos 4.0.0, my page with
autocompleter does not work anymore. I get the behaviour described in the
tacos FAQ about IE problems:

http://tacos.sourceforge.net/faq.html#faq-N100A2

The page loads in IE when the autocompleter is removed, when the
autocompleter is there, IE cancels page load and displays the error dialog
described in the link.

The solution suggested doesn't apply to me, because I don't use the shell
component, and no base tag is rendered.

Any ideas? I've been through similar symptoms before, with the datepicker in
contrib, bug report here: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-788

Re: page with tacos:Autocompleter does not load in IE

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Tapestry 4.0 renders a BASE tag if you use the Shell component.
There's no way to disable this...
In 4.0.1 and 4.0.2, additional parameters were added to the Shell
so that this can be controlled.

Are you sure there wasn't any <base> tag in your <head> :) ?

Posted by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com>.
Hi, thanks for answering!