Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/03 16:59:46 UTC

Maven 2 and C/C++ Testing Framework

Hi,

I am looking for using C/C++ Testing Framework (like CppUnit, CxxTest or
googletest) with maven 2.
Does anybody already done it ?

We are using native-maven-plugin for the compilation.
But I am quite surprise that the native build lifecycle for this plugin
consists of the following phases with corresponding goals (cf. [1]):
  test-compile    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:testCompile
  test                org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:test

I don't think that surefire support such of Testing Framework.
It seems that we will have to bind :
   - an execution of the native-maven-plugin to the test-compile phase
   - an execution of the maven-antrun-plugin to the test phase

Rémy

[1] http://mojo.codehaus.org/maven-native/native-maven-plugin/lifecycle.html

Re: Maven 2 and C/C++ Testing Framework

Posted by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com>.
> having  .h files as dependencies is not possible as this moment. The
> main problem here is how you would know which one is really include
> files, user may want .c, .hpp as include file as well.
> Also the pom will be polluted with lots of .h dep

Isn't it possible to use dependencies directly in the plugin ?
For instance
<build>
  <plugins>
    <plugin>
      <groupId>org.jfrog.jade.plugins</groupId>
      <artifactId>jade-native-plugin</artifactId>
      <extensions>true</extensions>
      <configuration>
      </configuration>
      <dependencies>
        <dependency>
          <groupId>my_groupid</groupId>
          <artifactId>my_h_dep</artifactId>
          <version>my_version</version>
          <type>?</type>
          <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>
      </dependencies>
    </plugin>
  </plugins>
</build>

> One work around is to package .h files in a compressed form to be your
> pom dependency file and use maven-dependency-plugin to unpack them
> into a location under target directory, then reference the native
> source path to pick them up.

It's the workaround we thought to use.

Thanks,

Rémy

Re: Maven 2 and C/C++ Testing Framework

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
having  .h files as dependencies is not possible as this moment. The
main problem here is how you would know which one is really include
files, user may want .c, .hpp as include file as well.
Also the pom will be polluted with lots of .h dep

One work around is to package .h files in a compressed form to be your
pom dependency file and use maven-dependency-plugin to unpack them
into a location under target directory, then reference the native
source path to pick them up.

-D

Posted by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
The mentioned test phase is for java test.  Take a look at jade native
maven plugin, it is an spin off of native plugin and  covers cppunit
test

-D