Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Jeremy E. Denton" <jd...@galdosinc.com> on 2002/03/20 20:48:54 UTC

Document Coordinates VS Screen Coorinates

Hey,

	Does anyone know how to differentiate between screen coordinates and svg
document coordinates? (which may be different due to zooming or panning). Is
there a function that gets the view bounds in document coordinates for
instance?

Jeremy E. Denton
Software Developer | Privileged or confidential information may be contained
Galdos Systems Inc | in this message. If this message was not intended for
                   | you, destroy it and notify us immediately. Opinions,
phone:             | conclusions, recommendations, and other information
(604)484-2762      | recommendations, and other information presented in
fax:               | this message are not given or necessarily endorsed by
(604)484-2755      | my employer or firm.

RE: Document Coordinates VS Screen Coorinates

Posted by Thierry Kormann <tk...@ilog.fr>.
> 	Does anyone know how to differentiate between screen
> coordinates and svg
> document coordinates? (which may be different due to zooming or
> panning). Is
> there a function that gets the view bounds in document coordinates for
> instance?

You can use clientX and clientY on DOM MouseEvent, and you will have the
mouse coordinates in the DOMImplementation coordinate system (ie. the
document in batik).

Thierry.