Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Tim Archambault <ta...@bangordailynews.net> on 2006/09/09 17:42:16 UTC

IIS web server and Solr integration

Looking to use Solr, but in Dedicated Windows environment.

Can anyone provide me some input as to how this can be done?

If it can, do you recommend Jetty, Tomcat, other?

Should it run on a separate port than IIS or integrated using ISAPI plug-in?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Our site isn't huge traffic 4 million page
views per month (GA) and about 20,000 visitors per day.

Thanks,

Tim

Re: Re: Re: IIS web server and Solr integration

Posted by Tim Archambault <ta...@bangordailynews.net>.
Thanks Jeff,

I am going to run Solr for our beta site, mobile.bangordailynews.net,
the mobile device version of our site. I'm just running it on Jetty
right now as a completely separate web app under a different port. The
Jetty port is not available on the web. I'm using Coldfusion to "get"
the results.

This will give me a chance to play with it a little. If things work
like I think they will, I will probably buy a Linux-based "VPS"
account and run Tomcat and Solr on it with our hosting provider and
send the requests over to my dedicated server. I'm not much of a
programmer nor do I know anything about Linux, but I think you are
right about this.

Tim

Posted by Jeff Rodenburg <je...@gmail.com>.
Tim -