Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Radhika Puthiyetath <ra...@citrix.com> on 2013/12/19 15:16:57 UTC

CloudStack Social Media

Hi,

We would like to know who are the point of contacts for  the following:

- CloudStack Daily
- Facebook Official Account
- Twitter

None of the accounts seems to be giving enough coverage to the Bangalore community activities. Just curious !

Thanks
-Radhika

RE: CloudStack Social Media

Posted by Giles Sirett <gi...@shapeblue.com>.
Wrong again then !

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.

Re: CloudStack Social Media

Posted by "White, Kim" <Ki...@netapp.com>.
I am happy to help -

Kim

Sent from my iPhone

Re: CloudStack Social Media

Posted by Mark Hinkle <Ma...@citrix.com>.

Re: CloudStack Social Media

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
On Thu, Dec 19, 2013, at 08:44 AM, Chip Childers wrote:
> To be clear, twitter is currently David, Joe and myself.  Access is
> currently through Hootsuite, which I believe Citrix is paying for.
> David can perhaps share more about how many others we can give access
> to.

To be more clear:

Hootsuite is (I think) only David and Chip. I don't believe I have
access to Twitter any longer via Hootsuite for Twitter. I'm pretty sure
I still have admin access on Facebook since it doesn't require
Hootsuite.

As has been sent to the marketing list a few times in the past: The best
way to get something covered on Twitter/Facebook is to _send a request
to the marketing list_. To put it another way: It probably WILL NOT be
covered if you don't explicitly ask that it be mentioned in social
media.

Ideally:

Send a note to the marketing list with the subject [PROMOTE]: $event
name here

Event time, date, details, and link to sign-up page/website promoting
the event.

Suggested tweets. (e.g. "Hey, don't miss the upcoming CloudStack Meetup
in Death Valley, CA. /@randomguy will be presenting #foo on 30 February
2020.")

Link to blog post that can be used on Facebook to promote event.

Any additional details needed.

Thanks,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier
jzb@zonker.net

RE: CloudStack Social Media

Posted by Radhika Puthiyetath <ra...@citrix.com>.
Prasanna, are you still around ? If you are around, please support the Bangalore community activities.

We need more people like you, here.

-Radhika

Isn't Prasanna in (or moving to Bangalore?)

But geographic proximity isn't really necessary - Hootsuite gives us the ability to schedule tweets, and typically before a promoted event you'll see a good chunk of scheduled tweets in the queue - the real problem is knowing whats going on in the world with enough advance notice that we can get things done.

--David

Re: CloudStack Social Media

Posted by Steve Wilson <st...@citrix.com>.
Independent of geography, Radhika seems to be doing an awesome job with
social media around the Bangalore group.  I joint the Bangalore CloudStack
Facebook page because it's a great place to get info on what's going on
with CloudStack.

Can we ask Radhika to just help directly with social media outreach for
CloudStack beyond just Bangalore?  I think she'd be a great asset.

Re: CloudStack Social Media

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

RE: CloudStack Social Media

Posted by Radhika Puthiyetath <ra...@citrix.com>.