Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2013/01/21 03:38:39 UTC

Draft blog post: Call for Development Volunteers

https://blogs.apache.org/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=call_for_development_volunteers

-Rob

Re: Draft blog post: Call for Development Volunteers

Posted by Ian C <ia...@amham.net>.
On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 8:51 PM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 10:52 PM, Fan Zheng <zh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, Rob:
>>
>> I have to say that, the pictures you picked up every time, is pretty
>> impressive! And everything looks great.
>>

> Thanks.  There are a lot of photos on Flickr that are in the public
> domain, a collection they call 'The Flickr Commons".  These are images
> from libraries, state archives, etc.  Many of them are very old.  But
> some of them are quite good, from the 1920's and 1930's.
>
> I have identified some other photos that could be nice to use in the future;
>
> -- If we do a blog post on performance testing or performance
> improvements:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/library_of_congress/2163470598/in/faves-rcweir/lightbox/
>
> -- An article on the awards OpenOffice has won recently:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/library_of_congress/2162665005/in/faves-rcweir/lightbox/
>
> -- An article on mailing list conduct guidelines:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/llgc/6835497967/in/faves-rcweir/lightbox/
>
> -- I don't know, but the photo is so good I'm trying to think how we
> could use it:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/library_of_congress/3548856723/in/faves-rcweir/lightbox/

They're excellent - how about for the project in general, pull your
trousers up, get stuck in, but remember to have fun.

--
Cheers,

Ian C

Re: Draft blog post: Call for Development Volunteers

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Fan Zheng <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Rob: