Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Jessica Wang <Je...@citrix.com> on 2013/03/21 23:11:36 UTC

RE: [ACS41] Baremetal blockers - To remove Baremetal from UI

To remove Baremetal from UI:

(1) remove BareMetal from listHypervisors API response:

http://localhost:8080/client/api?command=listHypervisors&response=json&sessionkey=DJBDo9h1ABqdqS97i%2B88wvK1n8k%3D&listAll=true&_=1363899049467

{
    "listhypervisorsresponse": {
        "count": 5,
        "hypervisor": [
            {
                "name": "KVM"
            },
            {
                "name": "XenServer"
            },
            {
                "name": "VMware"
            },
            {
                "name": "BareMetal"
            },
            {
                "name": "Ovm"
            }
        ]
    }
}

(2) remove service "BaremetalPxeService" and provider "BaremetalDhcpProvider", "BaremetalPxeProvider" , "BaremetaUserdataProvider" from listSupportedNetworkServices API response:

http://localhost:8080/client/api?command=listSupportedNetworkServices&response=json&sessionkey=iNj6%2F%2FF%2FDhSFrvmkZ20cmKyZxWg%3D&_=1363890711116

{
    "listsupportednetworkservicesresponse": {
        "count": 13,
        "networkservice": [
            {
                "name": "Vpn",
                "provider": [
                    {
                        "name": "VirtualRouter",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "VpcVirtualRouter",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    }
                ],
                "capability": [
                    {
                        "name": "SupportedVpnTypes",
                        "canchooseservicecapability": false
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "VpnTypes",
                        "canchooseservicecapability": false
                    }
                ]
            },
            {
                "name": "Dhcp",
                "provider": [
                    {
                        "name": "BaremetalDhcpProvider",
                        "canenableindividualservice": false
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "VirtualRouter",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "VpcVirtualRouter",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    }
                ],
                "capability": []
            },
            {
                "name": "Dns",
                "provider": [
                    {
                        "name": "VirtualRouter",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "VpcVirtualRouter",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    }
                ],
                "capability": [
                    {
                        "name": "AllowDnsSuffixModification",
                        "canchooseservicecapability": false
                    }
                ]
            },
            {
                "name": "Firewall",
                "provider": [
                    {
                        "name": "VirtualRouter",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    }
                ],
                "capability": [
                    {
                        "name": "SupportedProtocols",
                        "canchooseservicecapability": false
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "MultipleIps",
                        "canchooseservicecapability": false
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "TrafficStatistics",
                        "canchooseservicecapability": false
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "SupportedTrafficDirection",
                        "canchooseservicecapability": false
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "SupportedEgressProtocols",
                        "canchooseservicecapability": false
                    }
                ]
            },
            {
                "name": "Lb",
                "provider": [
                    {
                        "name": "ElasticLoadBalancerVm",
                        "canenableindividualservice": false
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "VirtualRouter",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "VpcVirtualRouter",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    }
                ],
                "capability": [
                    {
                        "name": "SupportedLbAlgorithms",
                        "canchooseservicecapability": false
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "SupportedLBIsolation",
                        "canchooseservicecapability": true
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "SupportedProtocols",
                        "canchooseservicecapability": false
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "TrafficStatistics",
                        "canchooseservicecapability": false
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "LoadBalancingSupportedIps",
                        "canchooseservicecapability": false
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "SupportedStickinessMethods",
                        "canchooseservicecapability": false
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "ElasticLb",
                        "canchooseservicecapability": false
                    }
                ]
            },
            {
                "name": "UserData",
                "provider": [
                    {
                        "name": "VirtualRouter",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "BaremetaUserdataProvider",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "VpcVirtualRouter",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    }
                ],
                "capability": []
            },
            {
                "name": "SourceNat",
                "provider": [
                    {
                        "name": "NiciraNvp",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "VirtualRouter",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "VpcVirtualRouter",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    }
                ],
                "capability": [
                    {
                        "name": "SupportedSourceNatTypes",
                        "canchooseservicecapability": true
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "RedundantRouter",
                        "canchooseservicecapability": true
                    }
                ]
            },
            {
                "name": "StaticNat",
                "provider": [
                    {
                        "name": "NiciraNvp",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "VirtualRouter",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "VpcVirtualRouter",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    }
                ],
                "capability": [
                    {
                        "name": "ElasticIp",
                        "canchooseservicecapability": false
                    }
                ]
            },
            {
                "name": "PortForwarding",
                "provider": [
                    {
                        "name": "NiciraNvp",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "VirtualRouter",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "VpcVirtualRouter",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    }
                ],
                "capability": []
            },
            {
                "name": "SecurityGroup",
                "provider": [
                    {
                        "name": "SecurityGroupProvider",
                        "canenableindividualservice": false
                    }
                ],
                "capability": []
            },
            {
                "name": "NetworkACL",
                "provider": [
                    {
                        "name": "VpcVirtualRouter",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    }
                ],
                "capability": [
                    {
                        "name": "SupportedProtocols",
                        "canchooseservicecapability": false
                    }
                ]
            },
            {
                "name": "Connectivity",
                "provider": [
                    {
                        "name": "BigSwitchVns",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "NiciraNvp",
                        "canenableindividualservice": true
                    }
                ],
                "capability": []
            },
            {
                "name": "BaremetalPxeService",
                "provider": [
                    {
                        "name": "BaremetalPxeProvider",
                        "canenableindividualservice": false
                    }
                ],
                "capability": []
            }
        ]
    }
}

Jessica

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.
Vijay can provide the SQL patch too, it's ready just waiting on the community decision on whether upgrade handling is necessary

Thanks
Animesh

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
> Due to this thread, shall I safely assume that I should not commit any
> documentation for bare metal to the 4.1 branch? OK to move the fix target
> date forward for CLOUDSTACK-1478?

Yes.  Please set to 4.2.

RE: [ACS41] Baremetal blockers - To remove Baremetal from UI

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

[Animesh>] Agreed, if anyone else wants to contribute towards baremetal they are welcome to do so.

Re: [ACS41] Baremetal blockers - To remove Baremetal from UI

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Jessica Tomechak <je...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Chip Childers
<ch...@sungard.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 10:06:26AM -0700, Animesh Chaturvedi wrote:
> >

> > On Mar 22, 2013, at 9:57 AM, "Chip Childers" <ch...@sungard.com>
> wrote:

> listHypervisors command

> server/src/com/cloud/configuration/ Config.java in property "
> hypervisor.list" and  is pulled from Database table "Configuration".

> in Config.java will fix it for fresh installs. This will fix the fresh
> install but to fix it for upgrade we need to fix the upgrade sql data
> files. I am not sure if we should fix this I am not clear on  upgrade
> concerns? Alex/Chip any comments.

> hypervisors.list and the value for that attribute is comma separated list
> of supported hypervisors, and includes 'BareMetal'. No Schema change is
> needed. Fix is to remove 'BareMetal' from attribute value.

> it. The fix is trivial.
> > >
> > > OK, so it was in that table as part of the previous baremetal
> > > "experimental" feature?
> > Yes
> > >
> > > In that case, can I also assume that there's no impact to the data
> being
> > > in the table?
> >
> > If we let 'BareMetal' in the table it will be returned in
> listHypervisors API call and UI will show it in Add Cluster screen for
> upgrade from 4.0 -4.1
>
> So what we are *REALLY* talking about here, is that an experimental
> feature from past releases was modified for 4.1 but is broken completely
> now.
>
> IMO we need to do 2 things.  First, we *must* document that the
> experimental feature from past releases is not in 4.1 in the release
> notes.

Chip, good point. There is a bug to track the release notes effort. I added
this as a comment in that bug.

Jessica T.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

> server/src/com/cloud/configuration/ Config.java in property "
> hypervisor.list" and  is pulled from Database table "Configuration".

> Config.java will fix it for fresh installs. This will fix the fresh install but to fix it
> for upgrade we need to fix the upgrade sql data files. I am not sure if we
> should fix this I am not clear on  upgrade concerns? Alex/Chip any comments.

> and the value for that attribute is comma separated list of supported
> hypervisors, and includes 'BareMetal'. No Schema change is needed. Fix is to
> remove 'BareMetal' from attribute value.

> The fix is trivial.
> > >
> > > OK, so it was in that table as part of the previous baremetal
> > > "experimental" feature?
> > Yes
> > >
> > > In that case, can I also assume that there's no impact to the data
> > > being in the table?
> >
> > If we let 'BareMetal' in the table it will be returned in
> > listHypervisors API call and UI will show it in Add Cluster screen for
> > upgrade from 4.0 -4.1
>
> So what we are *REALLY* talking about here, is that an experimental feature
> from past releases was modified for 4.1 but is broken completely now.

[Animesh>] Yes as the feature is now disabled completely

> IMO we need to do 2 things.  First, we *must* document that the
> experimental feature from past releases is not in 4.1 in the release notes.

[Animesh>] Jessica can you  update the release notes?

> Second, yes, we should remove it from the DB.
[Animesh>]
[Animesh>] Vijay can you submit the updated patch?

> Basically, nobody is going to be able to use it if they install the code, right?
[Animesh>] Yes that's correct

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

Thanks

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

[Animesh>] Vijay will submit a patch on review board for 4.1 shortly without the sql change discussed in [2] above

Posted by Jessica Tomechak <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vijayendra Bhamidipati <vi...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Vijayendra Bhamidipati <vi...@citrix.com>.
Hi Chip, Animesh,