Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jeff Widman <je...@jeffwidman.com> on 2017/11/03 01:01:58 UTC

Need help understanding precedence of log.flush.interval.ms versus log.flush.scheduler.interval.ms

We ship Kafka on an appliance, so it's a production environment where I
don't want to lose data, but I also don't have the luxury of replication.
So I want to enable log flushing.

However, I'm confusing reading the broker config docs...

The docs seem to imply that I only need to set log.flush.interval.ms;
however, there's also the scheduler config
log.flush.scheduler.interval.ms...

What happens if log.flush.interval.ms is lower than
log.flush.scheduler.interval.ms?
Will a message be guaranteed to be flushed as soon as log.flush.interval.ms
expires?
Or is the guarantee only that the message will be flushed once *both*
timers have expired?

--

*Jeff Widman*
jeffwidman.com <http://www.jeffwidman.com/> | 740-WIDMAN-J (943-6265)