Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by Zhang Yonglun <zh...@apache.org> on 2019/06/13 04:30:51 UTC

[DISCUSS] The scope of Sharding-Sphere 4.0.0-RC2 release

Hi,

I'll be the release manager of Sharding-Sphere 4.0.0-RC2. So many issues[1]
resolved after 4.0.0-RC1, it's not necessary to include them all in release
note.

In my opinion, there are 4 main features which should be appear in the
release note:
1. The parse engine upgrade from the 2nd generation to 3rd.
2. Integration of Seata[2] for distributed transaction.
3. OpenShardingUI administration console.
4. Support Skywalking plugin for application performance management.

For now, the OpenShardingUI haven't been merged into ShardingSphere. I am
not sure whether we should include it in the new release. Any suggestions?

--
Zhang Yonglun
Apache ShardingSphere

Re: [DISCUSS] The scope of Sharding-Sphere 4.0.0-RC2 release

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
+1 to exclude UI, especially license is not ready.

Sheng Wu 吴晟

Apache SkyWalking, ShardingSphere, Zipkin
Twitter, wusheng1108

Chen QingYang <ch...@apache.org> 于2019年6月17日周一 下午5:12写道:

Posted by Chen QingYang <ch...@apache.org>.
Hi Yonglun:

Posted by juan pan <pa...@apache.org>.
Here are some of important issues i solved, we can consider to add them to
RC2 release note.

New Feature
1.User can do data masking by using ShardingProxy(#2443).
2.User can use Leaf-segment generator to get distributed ID(#1775).

API
1.Delete API and configuration item of sharding logicIndex(#2464).

Optimization
1.Renew modified dataSources, not all the datasources to improve
performance for configuration orchestration(#1427).

Module Refactoring
1.The Refactoring of SQL rewriting module(#2275).

Bug Fix
1.Fix wrong SQL rewriting for  `Create/Alter/Drop index` with indexName
quoted with quoteCharacters(#2312).
2.Fix NullPointerException when append generated-key value for `INSERT`
statement(#2252).

https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/issues/2443
https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/issues/1775
https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/issues/2464
https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/issues/1427
https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/issues/2275
https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/issues/2312
https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/issues/2252

---------------------------------
Juan Pan (Trista)
Apache ShardingSphere

Zhang Yonglun <zh...@apache.org> 于2019年6月13日周四 下午12:32写道:

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
I propose add feature #2082 to release notes.

This issue can provide dynamic SPI which can let user add new customized
database by themself (include SQL parse, proxy protocol, JDBC driver, XA
Datasource swapper etc) via SPI.

------------------

Liang Zhang (John)
Apache ShardingSphere & Dubbo

Posted by Zhang Yonglun <zh...@apache.org>.
[1]

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
That depends on your :) I always add all changes.

Sheng Wu

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Hi