Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by jt...@oreillyauto.com on 2001/11/26 17:20:03 UTC

Embedded Font Encoding (Windows vrs Built-in)

When I embed a font with FOP on my local maching (NT 4.0) Acrobat says the
font Encoding is "Windows".  If I use the Adobe tool to embed the font the
Encoding type is "Built-in".  The PDF with Encoding type "Built-in" prints
correctly from our Linux boxes without any extra configuration.  The PDF
generated by FOP with Encoding type "Windows" does not print correctly from
our Linux boxes (although you can view the PDF's on screen).

Is there any way to change the encoding done by FOP to be "Built-in"
instead of "Windows"?

Thanks,

JohnPT

I'm getting the Encoding information by going to the "File" menu and
selecting "Document Info" -> "Fonts...".