Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/23 18:38:27 UTC

ApacheDS trunk tests failing in server-test-framework

Hi guys,

we upgraded the ehcache version, and now I can see that the
apacheds-test-framework tests are failing.

Atomically, they do work (ie, if you pick one single test, it will
pass). The pb occurs when you run several tests. Typically, running the
TestClassB class, testWithFactoryAnnotation messes, but
testWithoutFactoryAnnotation fails. The Cache is seen as inactive :

name = system
status = STATUS_SHUTDOWN <<--- inactive, not good !
eternal = false
overflowToDisk = false

Here is the stack trace :

org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapOperationErrorException:
The entryDn Cache is not alive (STATUS_SHUTDOWN)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.AbstractBTreePartition.saveContextCsn(AbstractBTreePartition.java:3364)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.shared.partition.DefaultPartitionNexus.sync(DefaultPartitionNexus.java:319)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.shutdown(DefaultDirectoryService.java:1283)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.integ.FrameworkRunner.run(FrameworkRunner.java:171)
    at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:50)
    at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
    at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:467)
    at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:683)
    at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:390)
    at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:197)
Caused by:
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapOperationErrorException:
The entryDn Cache is not alive (STATUS_SHUTDOWN)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.AbstractBTreePartition.fetch(AbstractBTreePartition.java:1217)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.AbstractBTreePartition.saveContextCsn(AbstractBTreePartition.java:3348)
    ... 9 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The entryDn Cache is not
alive (STATUS_SHUTDOWN)
    at net.sf.ehcache.Cache$CacheStatus.checkAlive(Cache.java:4075)
    at net.sf.ehcache.Cache.checkStatus(Cache.java:2766)
    at net.sf.ehcache.Cache.get(Cache.java:1727)
    at net.sf.ehcache.Cache.get(Cache.java:1707)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.AbstractBTreePartition.buildEntryDn(AbstractBTreePartition.java:2347)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.AbstractBTreePartition.fetch(AbstractBTreePartition.java:1211)
    ... 10 more

The failing line is  :

            Element el = entryDnCache.get( id );

So something in the previous test has shutdown the cache, which is not
restarted. I'm investingating, but if anyone has an idea on what's going
on and how to fix that, I'll be pleased !

Re: ApacheDS trunk tests failing in server-test-framework

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Ok, my bad.

My env was not svnned up, and I had a bad modification locally. The
server builds fine !

Thanks Kiran.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
> [...]

>> alive (STATUS_SHUTDOWN)
>>     at net.sf.ehcache.Cache$CacheStatus.checkAlive(Cache.java:4075)
>>     at net.sf.ehcache.Cache.checkStatus(Cache.java:2766)
>>     at net.sf.ehcache.Cache.get(Cache.java:1727)
>>     at net.sf.ehcache.Cache.get(Cache.java:1707)
>>     at
>>
>> org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.AbstractBTreePartition.buildEntryDn(AbstractBTreePartition.java:2347)
>>     at
>>
>> org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.AbstractBTreePartition.fetch(AbstractBTreePartition.java:1211)
>>     ... 10 more
>>
>> The failing line is  :
>>
>>             Element el = entryDnCache.get( id );
>>

>> So something in the previous test has shutdown the cache, which is not
>> restarted. I'm investingating, but if anyone has an idea on what's going
>> on and how to fix that, I'll be pleased !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: ApacheDS trunk tests failing in server-test-framework

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.