Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rodrigo Spievak Cavalcanti <rc...@unito.com.br> on 2005/07/22 00:12:38 UTC

Dynamic server configuration...

Hi folks,

    Is there any way to change tomcat engine configuration at runtime,
without restarting the entire engine ? Some kind of dynamic engine
configuration, being able to change hosts, add hosts, and changing host
configurations ?

   Thanks.

Re: Dynamic server configuration...

Posted by Rob Hills <ro...@netpaver.com.au>.
Hi Rodrigo,

On 21 Jul 2005 at 19:12, Rodrigo Spievak Cavalcanti wrote:

>     Is there any way to change tomcat engine configuration at runtime,
> without restarting the entire engine ? Some kind of dynamic engine
> configuration, being able to change hosts, add hosts, and changing host
> configurations ?

As far as I am aware, Tomcat currently has to be restarted if anything that is
configured in server.xml is changed, whether by editing server.xml directly
or by changing it using the Admin console.

I have previously asked a question on this list about automated
management of server.xml (eg via an api or whatever) but have not
received a reply to date.

Rob Hills
www.netpaver.com.au
Western Australia