Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Ra...@iflexsolutions.com on 2006/07/06 14:54:04 UTC

Errors while adding a new server in eclipse3.2

Hi

On the Callisto distribution while adding a new server
I chose Geronimo and gave the path to Geronimo which is
"D:\jalc\geronimo-1.1", I get following error message...

"Missing classpath entry
D:\jalc\geronimo-1.1\repository\org.apache.geronimo.specs\jars"

Am I missing something? Or making some basic mistake (am pretty new to
Geronimo and WTP)

And I have...
> Web Standard Tools - Version: 1.5.0.v200606.....
> Eclipse Platform Version: 3.2.0.v200606....
> geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1

And the following... (listing from config details of eclipse)
> org.apache.geronimo.feature, Version: 1.0.0

> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.model (1.0.0) "Dummy Model" [Resolved]
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.model.edit (1.0.0) "Geronimo-web Edit
Support" [Resolved]
> org.apache.geronimo.devtools.eclipse.core (1.0.0) "Geronimo server
support" [Active]
> org.apache.geronimo.feature.source (1.0.0) "Apache Geronimo
Development Tools" [Resolved]
> org.apache.geronimo.runtime.v1 (1.0.0) "Apache Geronimo Runtime V1
Plug-in" [Resolved]
> org.apache.geronimo.ui (1.0.0) "Geronimo server UI support" [Active]

Could someone throw some light on this?

Thanks in advance,
Ravee

------------------
Don't believe all the things I say, I am working hard to be a better
human all the time!

DISCLAIMER:
This message contains privileged and confidential information and is intended only for the individual named.If you are not the intended recipient you should not disseminate,distribute,store,print, copy or deliver this message.Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,corrupted,lost,destroyed,arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses.The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.

Re: Errors while adding a new server in eclipse3.2

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
My guess is that you're running the 1.0 version of the plugin and
targeting a 1.1 server.  You can download the RC2 driver from

http://cvs.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/unstable/

This driver requires the Callisto release of Eclipse/WTP.  In this
release if you chose a 1.0 runtime but pointed to a 1.1 location, or
vise-versa, it will inform you with an error.

-sachin