Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Leo Liu <kk...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/19 10:15:06 UTC

[users@httpd] Running DLL Object in HTML page

Hi,

  I am experimenting to embed DLL object in html page and run it on apache. It is a very simple button only and there's no breaches to security. I can run it correctly when I try to run it on Visual Studio. But when I embed it in HTML page and host it on my apache server, the dll is not running. I believe I need to change some settings on httpd.conf to make the program able to run. Any suggestions?

  Leo

Reality starts with Dream

---------------------------------

Re: [users@httpd] Running DLL Object in HTML page

Posted by Leo Liu <kk...@yahoo.com>.
Yeah.. Look very dotnet. But as a dll it shan't be very dotnet specific I think. Anyway, according to article if I set my Virtual Directory permission to "Script only" on IIS, it said this dll should working fine. But I am not exactly sure what is the "Script only" permission equivalent to Virtual Host on Apache. The mentioned article is below

http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/winforms/doc/WinFormsIeSourcing.aspx

  Regards,
  Leo
Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net> wrote:
  It looks very dotnet :-)
Leo, you may want to have a look at mod_aspdotnet, though I'm not sure
where the most recent copy of it can be found - maybe someone else here
can point the way.

Issac

Reality starts with Dream

---------------------------------

Re: [users@httpd] Running DLL Object in HTML page

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
It looks very dotnet :-)

Posted by K Anand <ka...@sail-steel.com>.

Posted by Leo Liu <kk...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Posted by K Anand <ka...@sail-steel.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] Mod_rewrite rule for renamed FastCGI scripts

Posted by Jeremy Sellors nwt <jk...@northwestel.net>.
Thanks for your help. The htaccess file seems to work well. Referring
back to the the mod_rewrite documentation and URL Rewriting Guide
makes more sense now.

Jeremy Sellors

On Sep 19, 2006, at 5:53 AM, Eric Covener wrote:

> On 9/19/06, Jeremy Sellors nwt <jk...@northwestel.net> wrote:
>>
>> I have changed a script name suffix from .cgi to
>>  .fcgi to enable the script to run under FastCGI
>> RewriteEngine On
>> RewriteRule ^mt.fcgi(.) mt.fcgi$1 [L]
>                                   ^      ^
>> in the .htaccess file but this does not work.
>
> I put carets under the two things that probably prevent your rule from
> even matching, if I understand correctly.
>
> Try setting RewriteBase in that htaccess file, and also reconsider
> your RewriteRule.  I'd think it'd be more of the form
>
> RewriteBase /mtw/
> RewriteRule ^mt.cgi$ mt.fcgi [PT]
>
> (Or look at the action parameter of the login form)
>

> --
> Eric Covener
> covener@gmail.com

Jeremy Sellors
jksellors@northwestel.net

"I'm addicted to placebos. I could quit but it wouldn't matter."
   (Steve Wright)

Re: [users@httpd] Mod_rewrite rule for renamed FastCGI scripts

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Sellors nwt <jk...@northwestel.net>.
Hi,
I have changed a script name suffix from .cgi to .fcgi to enable the
script to run under FastCGI
The script works to bring up the initial login form but when I fill
the form out and press submit I get a "Not Found The requested URL /
mtw/mt.cgi was not found on this server." using the old file suffix.
Is there a way to use mod_rewrite to fix this?
I have tried:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^mt.fcgi(.) mt.fcgi$1 [L]
in the .htaccess file but this does not work.

Thanks,
Jeremy Sellors