Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@shadyvale.net> on 2005/08/10 14:19:37 UTC

Re: svn trunk r15653: PASS (win32 ra_local fsfs)

CARL wrote:
> Last 100 lines of the build log (full log attached):

[snip]
> Running all tests in strings-reps-test.exe...success
> Running all tests in target-test.py...success
> Running all tests in getopt_tests.py...success
> Running all tests in basic_tests.py...success
> Running all tests in commit_tests.py...FAILURE
[snip]
> At least one test FAILED, checking c:\tests-local\tests.log
> FAIL:  fs-test.exe 13: delete nodes tree
> FAIL:  commit_tests.py 22: commit from a dir with a longer name than the wc
> At least one test was SKIPPED, checking c:\tests-local\tests.log

The subject line says they passed, but they didn't.

The commit failure can be fixed by making sure the correct *case* for the
test drive and directory is passed to win-tests.py.

IE, "win-tests.py -r -v -c C:\tests-local"

DJ

Re: svn trunk r15653: PASS (win32 ra_local fsfs)

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.
"D.J. Heap" <dj...@shadyvale.net> writes:

> After testing a bit, the drive letter isn't the only problem,
> unfortunately. This weekend I'll try to play with it a bit more.

How about something really horrible: run 'svn info' on the path and
parse the error message :)

--
Philip Martin

Re: svn trunk r15653: PASS (win32 ra_local fsfs)

Posted by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@shadyvale.net>.
[snip]

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.

Posted by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@shadyvale.net>.
David James wrote:
> On 8/10/05, D.J. Heap <dj...@shadyvale.net> wrote:
>
>>The subject line says they passed, but they didn't.
>>
>>The commit failure can be fixed by making sure the correct *case* for the
>>test drive and directory is passed to win-tests.py.
>>
>>IE, "win-tests.py -r -v -c C:\tests-local"
>

> Can we upgrade win-tests.py to correct this problem? If we correct the
> case of the path in win-tests.py, we don't need to ask testers to
> check the case of their specified path.
>
> Cheers,
>
> David

I'm not a python expert...is there some way in python to get the real name
of a file or directory on a case-insensitive filesystem?  It seems to always
lowercase everything (which the docs indicate it will do in some methods).
abspath, realpath, normcase, etc. do not work.

It might be possible to tear down and then build up the full path with
os.listdir since it does preserve the case...except the drive letter will
still not be accounted for.  Assuming the drive letter is always uppercase
might be reasonable...I'm not sure.

DJ

Re: svn trunk r15653: PASS (win32 ra_local fsfs)

Posted by David James <ja...@gmail.com>.

David James -- http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~james