Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Farshad Rabbani <fa...@hotmail.com> on 2009/07/10 21:20:47 UTC

assigning a JSP variable a value coming from

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create a java variable in the jsp scriplet and assign it a value coming from <s: property> tag

so for example

<%

          int id = <s: property value="userId"/> ;

%>

I know the above is completely incorrect, but essentially, that is what I want to accomplish.  Can anyone give me any idea how this can be done?  Thanks.

My action class looks like:
public class UserAction extends ActionSupport implements SessionAware, DataSourceAware, UserAware, Preparable, ModelDriven
{

 private User loggedInUser;

 private Map session;
 private DataSource dataSource;
 private int userId;

 public int getUserId()
 {
  return userId;
 }

 public void setUserId(int userId)
 {
  this.userId = userId;
 }

RE: assigning a JSP variable a value coming from

Posted by Farshad Rabbani <fa...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Musachy,

                  I appreciate the assistance, it worked.

-Farshad