Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Artiom Morozov <ar...@phreaker.net> on 2002/03/29 10:50:25 UTC

how to set mod_proxy for one VH only?

Dear All,

	Here's my problem. I need apache to forward some virtual host
transparently to another machine. I understand that it could be done
with ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse. What i don't understand is how to
prohibit apache from being generic public proxy in this case.

Thank you in advance.
Artiom

Re: how to set mod_proxy for one VH only?

Posted by Irmund Thum <it...@it97.dyn.dhs.org>.
Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Artiom Morozov wrote:
>

>>Joshua,
>>
>>	Yes, i'm sure they are correct. Finally i figured out the
>>reason - i have to load proxy_http_module along with proxy_module...
>>Uh, a trivial thing for progammer but is there a doc for users? ;-)))
>>

> Ahhh... Are you using 2.0?  The docs for the proxy are weak in 2.0.
>
> Joshua.

I'd be interested if your config.nice looks something like that and how it works.

Do you use rewrite rules, headers and expires?

"--enable-rewrite" \
"--enable-proxy" \
"--enable-proxy-connect" \
"--enable-proxy-ftp" \
"--enable-proxy-http" \
"--enable-expires" \
"--enable-headers" \
"--enable-ssl" \
"--with-ssl=../openssl-0.9.6c/" \
"$@"

regarding your original question - mod_proxy for 1 VH - you should make
a VH for the general part and the proxy module as container into the
adequate VH...
--
_ ___
|  |  Irmund    Thum
|  |

Re: how to set mod_proxy for one VH only?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by Artiom Morozov <ar...@phreaker.net>.
Joshua,

	Yes, i'm sure they are correct. Finally i figured out the
reason - i have to load proxy_http_module along with proxy_module...
Uh, a trivial thing for progammer but is there a doc for users? ;-)))

Thanks for your help!

îÁ 2002.03.29 18:08 Joshua Slive ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌ:

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by Artiom Morozov <ar...@phreaker.net>.
Errrr... i tried it that way. No proxying is done at all then =(
Here're my config (hostnames are censored =)

ProxyPass / http://www.host.com/foobar/
ProxyPassReverse / http://www.host.com/foobar/
AllowConnect

îÁ 2002.03.29 17:21 Joshua Slive ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌ:

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.